Golden Pacific Bank, a Division of SoFi Bank, N.A.
Last Modified: Jan 25, 2023
This Privacy Notice for California Residents (“Notice”) applies solely to California residents covered by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
This Notice explains how we collect, use, and disclose personal information relating to California residents covered by CCPA. Under CCPA, “Personal Information” is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer or household.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information made lawfully available from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data.
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (“GLBA”) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (“CFIPA”), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
For more information about how we collect, disclose, and secure information not covered by CCPA, please see our online privacy notice and our U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice.
Notice of Collection of Personal Information
The personal information we collect and the purpose for collecting it depends on your interactions with us and the specific relationship you have with us.
- General Use of Website – When you use our website and mobile applications, we collect Internet or electronic network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our website; geolocation data, such as device location and certain device information; and Inferences drawn from any of your personal information to create a profile about you, for example, your preferences and characteristics. We do this to deliver personalized services and advertising.
- Website and Mobile App Registration – We collect personal identifiers and contact information, including your name, address, telephone number(s), email address, username, and password when you register to use our website and mobile applications. We do this to establish an account and recognize you on subsequent visits.
- Information About our Products and Services – We collect your first name, last name, email address and optionally your phone number when you request additional information about our products and services.
- Communicating with Us – We collect your name, email address, and other details you provide to use when you communicate with us via email, phone, or postal mail. If we communicate with you via phone, we collect sensory data, including audio, such as call recordings. We do this to measure and improve our member relationship protocols, to train and educate employees, and for compliance purposes.
We may supplement the personal information you submit to us with information from third-party sources. For example, to protect the integrity of your account and if permitted under applicable law, we may supplement your registration information with address standardization data to verify the address you have entered is valid and to protect you against identity theft.
Categories Of Information We Collect, Sell, Or Disclose For A Business Purpose
In the previous twelve (12) months we have collected the following categories of personal information about consumers. This list also shows the categories of information we have sold in the previous twelve (12) months and the categories of information we have disclosed for a business purpose in the previous twelve (12) months.
|Category of Personal Information||Collected||Sold/Shared for Advertising Purpose||Disclosed for a Business Purpose|
|Identifiers, such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes||No||Yes|
|California Customer Records (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as your address, telephone number, and (for job applicants only) your education and other information.||Yes||No||Yes|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, such as age, race, sex, religion, national origin, and marital status.||Yes||No||Yes|
|Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes||No||Yes|
|Biometric Information, Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints.||No||No||No|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.||Yes||No||Yes|
|Geolocation Data, such as the physical location of your device.||Yes||No||Yes|
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||Yes||No||Yes|
|Professional or employment -related information, Current or past job history.||Yes||No||Yes|
|Non-public education information (per theFamily EducationalRights and PrivacyAct (20 U.S.C.Section 1232g, 34C.F.R. Part 99)), such as personal information from your education records (for job applicants only).||No||No||No|
|Inferences, drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||Yes||No||Yes|
Sources of Personal Information
We obtain the personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you or your authorized agents. For example, from forms you complete, or from communications you have with us.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from your actions on our website or apps via pixels, gifs, cookies, and other similar technology.
- Public record sources
- Collection agencies
- Credit reporting agencies
The Business Purposes For Which We Collect Or Sell Your Personal Information
We may collect or disclose personal information for the following business purposes:
- Performing financial services, such as reviewing your applications, processing transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, product development analytics, and providing advertising or marketing services.
- To communicate with you by telephone calls, text message, and email.
- Fraud prevention, detecting security incidents, protecting against illegal activity.
- To conduct surveys and market research.
- Marketing and promotional activities
- As required to comply with applicable laws and regulations, including responding to law enforcement requests
The Categories Of Third Parties With Whom We Share Your Personal Information
Below is a list of third parties to whom we may disclose your personal information:
- Affiliates within the SoFi family of companies
- Service providers who provide services such as data analytics, servicing of loans, payment processing, order fulfillment, customer service, auditing, and IT services
- Advertising networks
- Banks/Credit Unions
- Collection agencies
- Identity verification companies
- Marketing companies
- Operating systems and platforms
- Survey providers
Your Rights And Choices Under The CCPA
Your Right To Know (access)
Under the CCPA you can request free of charge the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected
- The business purpose for collecting or selling personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of personal information that we sold in the preceding 12 months, and for each category identified, the categories of third parties to which we sold that particular category of personal information.
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months, and for each category identified, the categories of third parties with whom we disclosed that particular category of personal information.
Your Right To Request Deletion
You have the right to request we delete the personal information we collected from you, unless the CCPA recognizes an exception.
How To Exercise Your Rights
We must verify your identity before processing most requests, which may require you to provide additional information. In some instances, we may not be able to honor your request, such as when an exception applies or when we cannot verify your identity.
You may submit a request by emailing us at [email protected].
All requests for Your Right To Know will be honored within forty-five (45) days of receipt, unless we are unable to process your request in such a time, in which case we will provide you with an explanation for the delay.
The Right to Opt-out of the Sale of Personal Information
The CCPA provides consumers with the right to stop businesses from selling their personal information. We do not provide an opt-out option since we do not sell personal information as defined by the CCPA at this time.
The Right To Non-Discrimination
You will not be discriminated against in any way for exercising your rights under the CCPA, including but not limited to:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you a different price or rate for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of good or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Children’s Personal Information
We never intend to collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If we learn or are notified that we have collected this information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly remove the data from our system. We do not sell personal information, including that of minors under the age of 16.
Submitting Requests on Another’s Behalf
If you intend to submit a request on behalf of someone else, you must provide us with appropriate power of attorney, guardian, conservator or trustee document(s) confirming you have the authority to act on behalf of the individual for whom you are submitting the request. To submit a request on behalf of someone else, please call us at (800) 582-5503.
We take your privacy seriously and maintain a process to respond to your concerns regarding violations of this Notice. If you believe that we haven’t complied with this Notice or have questions regarding your privacy with us, please contact us at (800) 582-5503. If you are reporting non-compliance with this Notice, please describe the issue in as much detail as possible without disclosing any sensitive information about you or third parties. We will respond to your request by email within 7-10 business days.
Changes And Modifications
We may change or update this notice periodically. When we do, we will let you know by appropriate means such as by posting the revised Notice on our website with a new “Last Updated” date. Any changes to this Notice will become effective when posted unless indicated otherwise.